Designer Benchmark was founded by Paone Creative at the start of 2016 with the goal of showcasing the best in website design. Our goal is to create a benchmark for other online designers, to help elevate the overall design quality in the industry. We want to celebrate design success and visionary creativity.
We look forward to building a showcase for student projects and studio tours. As our network grows, our hope is that this site will become a community resource for many website designers, developers and aspiring creatives. We hope that prospective clients will find a space to connect with the creative minds that have their work showcased here & hire a website designer or developer.
For general inquiries not related to submissions or advertising please email: hello[@]designerbenchmark.com
Submissions are only considered when sent via our submissions form area.
See Advertise to learn about the different advertising & promotional options we offer.
If you want to showcase your accomplishment or share some Designer Benchmark love, please help yourself to our logo:
Do you work in the design community and want to participate in the curation or operations of designer benchmark? Do you have a creative & collaborative idea? We want to hear from you! Currently we only offer volunteer positions (with online credit to your name) for the right creative candidates. Please email us or connect on social media.
I made a submission but I have not seen my work on Designer Benchmark yet – why?
We receive many submissions each day and unfortunately we cannot feature every submission. Some submissions that meet the benchmark are saved for posting at a later date. We do not send out confirmation emails.
How do you decide what meets the benchmark?
The team behind Designer Benchmark evaluates every submission to see if it meets the benchmark. Please see our detailed evaluation process.
Can I pay to feature my site or product?
No you can’t pay to have your website design, studio tour or student project accepted in the submissions gallery. We do however work with advertisers or studios that wish to buy designated ad space.
- Quality over Quantity!
- Be Community Builders: the site is about elevating aspirations of the entire design community.
- We appreciate a little competitive edge, as it helps raise the benchmark!
- We are grateful for our community! We rely on user generated content.
- *Websites must be live on the internet (except for projects in the student showcase).
- We are ‘type’ nerds: typography on the web should be beautiful. Is it easy to read and does it take advantage of creative & traditional typesetting.
- Does it amplify the brand?
- Does it balance form and function?
- Does it take a new creative direction?
- Is it responsive and accessible to all? Does it scale creatively?
- Content is king: does it tell a story or showcase a call-to-action? Are the messages clear? and Is the subject matter appropriate?
- Does it take advantage of new technology? Or optimize old technology?